If you are looking for shoulder armour with a distinctive style, then you should check out the 15th Century German Pauldrons. Made from 18 gauge mild steel, these large pauldrons come as a pair. Each pauldron has an overlapping, asymmetrical design. The center plate is the outermost layer. It features a series of curved, V-shaped ridges near the back. The pointed centers of the V-shapes face towards the front. The other plates are smaller, especially the plates lower on the arm. They feature cutout detailing, including holes to attach pieces of arm armour, sold separately. The plate furthest down on the upper arm has a strap to secure the pauldron in place. The plate highest on the shoulder has a pair of holes for attaching it to other pieces of armour, not included. Overall, these pauldrons provide a great deal of protection as their large size helps them to cover a large portion of the wearers back. Wear the 15th Century German Pauldrons to your next LARP event or Renaissance faire. They are sure to impress anyone who sees them.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Comes as a pair
- Ties with laces and secures with straps
- Distinctive, overlapping construction
- Features grooved detailing
- Great for LARP and roleplaying events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.