Surcoats were not just for knights in medieval jousting tournaments. A more refined similar garment existed for those of a nobler stature. The Womens Medieval Surcoat is a regal recreation inspired by this medieval clothing. This ankle-worn, rough cotton overdress forsakes sleeves in favor of shoulder straps. The arm holes end past the waist. This open look is great for layering with other pieces. At the midriff, the sides of the surcoat curve inward, giving it a slim, stylish shape, and its round neckline and loose-fitting form allow it to match with a wide variety of underdresses and tunics. The Womens Medieval Surcoat comes in woad blue and black, and it makes a fantastic element of medieval ensembles that lean toward the nobler caste of life.
- Inspired by medieval nobles surcoats
- Fits loosely over the body
- Sides curve inward at waist for slimming effect
- Comes in woad blue and black
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and other medieval reenactments
- Made of 100% cotton