Thousands of hooves shake the earth in a cacophonous rage as the battle wears on. Trapped in an endless quest for power, the fierce war horse continues to run. Embrace his power with the War Horse Katana and become an almighty shogun! Crafted with traditional style, the 65Mn steel blade features a distinctive hamon made with true clay-tempering. This ancient process has forged strength into the blade, its HRC 60 edge and HRC 40 spine proving ideal for slicing through most every target with ease! Sticking with the traditional build, a ray skin tsuka, or handle, has been wrapped with elegant emerald cloth. Emblems from four major clans in Japanese history have been included in the adornments, the Tokugawa and Oda clans on the silver menuki and the Takeda and Mori clans on the fuchi and kashira. The power struggle between these clans is depicted by two war horses encircling each other on the tsuba. A deep blue saya, or scabbard, carved specifically for this blade is included, finishing the piece in a beautiful display. Whether for display or use, the gorgeous War Horse Katana is truly a tragically beautiful katana built for war.
65Mn is a readily-available Chinese steel that is formulated to provide good wear resistance and hardness. The medium-high carbon content makes for a high degree of toughness and resilience, while the manganese, in addition to improving these properties, improves the hot-working characteristics of the steel, making it an excellent candidate for forged sword blades.
Please keep in mind that this sword has been hand-forged, varying slightly in finish and overall measurements.
- Fully functional
- Excellent piece for sword and archery enthusiasts
- Black wrapped handle with arrow fletching adornment
- Menuki features emblems of Tokugawa and Oda clans
- Fuchi and kashira feature emblems of Takeda and Mori clans
- Tsuba depicts war horses in an endless chase
- Sleek black lacquered saya with matching sageo strap
- Traditional style from affordable materials
- Blade is crafted from 65Mn high carbon steel
- Handle constructed from ray skin
- Menuki is made from silver
- Saya carved from wood
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.