Crusaders were known to favor a wide variety of weapons, and the Knights Templar were no different. This Two Handed Templar Sword with Scabbard is designed for the warrior who wants great power as well as versatility and responsiveness. This impressive blade is modeled after typical Crusades era swords, featuring a cruciform design. The broad, powerful blade is forged entirely from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. The gently tapered profile keeps the blade wide and strong, great for heavy strokes and slashes that will batter opponents with ease, while the broad point is surprisingly effective for thrusting attacks. The straight quillons of the cross guard provide good defense while the wheel pommel balances the blades weight. The pommel also features the cross sigil of the Templar Knights. The sword features a full length tang peened to its pommel. The wood grip, wrapped in leather, suits wide and narrow two-handed holds. Included with the sword is a matching wooden, leather wrapped sheath, which is stamped with the seal of the Knights Templar and a Maltese Templar cross. No sword belt is attached to the scabbard, so you are free to carry it using your own favorite belt or baldric. There is no denying that this Two Handed Templar Sword with Scabbard is a powerful weapon, as it looks like it could easily cut through troops with one good swing. Indeed, it might just be able to, thanks to its hardy, high quality make!
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A hefty two-handed sword based on cruciform Templar design
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 48 Inches
- Blade Length: 38.5 Inches
- Point of Balance: 4 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 9 oz.