A thoroughly modern fighting saber, the Thompson Saber is designed to be a superior battle sword for the contemporary martial artist. This functional saber thrusts well, while serving first and foremost as a cutting sword. Expert Lynn C. Thompson, after studying Western, Japanese, and Filipino fighting arts for decades, designed this combat saber to have a hair-shaving sharp edge for the first six inches from the tip. The edge becomes gradually less sharp down the rest of the blade, leaving material for blocking, parrying, and bludgeoning. Deeply blued to increase resistance to rust, this 1055 high carbon steel blade possesses an unbeatable look in the heat of combat. The modified 1904 saber guard provides hand protection, crafted with a rayskin handle even big enough to accommodate fencer gloves. The leather scabbard makes it easy to transport and wear this incredible modern saber.
- Fully functional
- Designed by expert Lynn C. Thompson
- Curved blade is blued to resist rust
- Features modified 1904 saber guard
- Comes with leather scabbard with blued steel fittings
- A combat-ready cutting saber
- Ideal for martial artists
- Blade made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Handle wrapped in rayskin and cord
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.