A reproduction of the Oakeshott XI.4, The Crusader Sword of St. Maurice is a coronation sword of the Holy Roman Empire and is made of spring steel and comes with a solid wood core scabbard. This functional sword harkens back to a weapon used during the Third Crusade. The guard is engraved with CHRISTUS VINCIT, CHRISTUS REGNAT, CHRISTUS IMPERAT, which translates to Christ Conquers, Christ Reigns, Christ Rules. The long fuller running down the length of the blade helps with overall balance and the pommel is engraved with the Arms of the Empire eagle crest. This symbolic sword is based upon Otto IV personal arms, dating back to the 11th and 12th centuries. A welcome addition to the collection of any historical sword enthusiast, The Crusader Sword of St. Maurice is tempered to 52-54Hrc and is both functional and regal.
- Fully functional
- Single-handed, long sword
- Guard engraved with traditional Latin phrase from the Crusades
- Pommel engraved with the Arms of the Empire eagle crest
- Reproduction of a historical coronation sword
- Includes solid wood core scabbard
- Edge is hardened to 52-54Hrc
- Blade made of 1566 spring steel
There are no reviews yet.