The ever-popular Practical Katana (SH1070), Wakizashi (SH2061) and Tanto (SH2254) give the martial artist the opportunity to own and use a Hanwei sword at the cost of an economy sword. The blades are forged and differentially hardened, using the same process as the more expensive blades and producing an HRC60 edge and HRC40 back. The temper line is authentic and prominent. Cost savings are effected by using fittings which, while making no claims to authenticity, are very strongly built to withstand the rigors of cutting exercises in the dojo.
Made by Hanwei.
- Forged high-carbon steel blade
- Differentially Hardened
- Hanwei Quality
- Blade Length: 27.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 11.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 39.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz.
- Point of Balance: 5.75 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.22 Inches
- Width at Tip: 0.87 Inches
- Thickness at Guard: 0.27 Inches
- Thickness at Tip: 0.18 Inches
- Sori: 0.75 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.