Crusading knights interested in both style and protection must check out the Sugar Loaf Cross Helmet. Featuring a bold, brass colored cross across its face, this helmet offers an enclosed design and a sleek, reflective satin finish. The lower portion of this helmet is made of 16 gauge steel, while the sugar loaf cap and cross detail are made of 14 gauge steel. Due to its handcrafted nature, exact steel thickness may vary slightly. Narrow eye slits and small ventilation holes allow for an extreme level of protection.
- Helmet features historic sugar loaf shape
- Large cross adorns face of helmet
- Features two narrow eye slits and small ventilation holes
- Made of 16 gauge steel with 14 gauge top and cross detailing
- Helmet has a cloth liner
- Features satin finish for reflective style
- Steel thickness may vary slightly due to handcrafted construction
- Leather chin strap included
Danny Hoy (verified owner) –
This helmet is awesome, especially for the price! The forming, riveting and polish are all quality. I have an average size head for an adult male and there is plenty of room inside to wear a padded arming cap or a chainmail hood with a thin arming cap. It would be very tight with both padded cap and mail however. The only drawback I see is the weight. Mine weighs 7.80 lbs, but you also have thick, sturdy steel in between your head and the enemy. Overall, i can’t recommend this helmet enough. Cheap, wearable, and makes a great display piece.