Made from high carbon steel, the Sticklestad Viking Sword is a beautifully balanced and highly effective weapon. Capable of both cutting and thrusting, the blade is also a delight to the eye. Copper decorates the pommel and guard. It is named after the final battle of St. Olaf. This was warfare in the old school, with two hosts meeting face-to-face and sword-to-sword. It was a brutal, bloody, and deadly fight, and in the end, the mighty Olaf fell. Gaining a lot of fame for his exploits, he was eventually canonized as St. Olaf. This attractive Viking sword is copied from a specimen that was quite involved in that kind of vicious encounter. A wide fuller runs down its length, and the wood grip is covered in leather. A matching scabbard is included.
- Functional sword is battle ready
- A very classic Viking style sword
- Fully tempered blade features wide fuller
- Great for reenacting and collecting
- Blade is made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Pommel and guard are decorated with brass
- Wood grip is wrapped in leather
- Overall Length: 37 Inches
- Blade Length: 31 Inches
- Blade Width: 2 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.18 Inch
- Weight: 2 lbs. 12 oz.