The Steel Gustav Breastplate is an excellent option for LARPers and re-enactors just starting to build up their armour collection. The steel breastplate features a design that can apply to many different character types. The medieval breastplate also works great for Renaissance fairs and other historical events. Three inflexible pieces compose the steel body armour. The middle part features sloping edges and rivet decoration for a striking look. A pair of buckled leather straps cross in the back, allowing adjustments to the fit. We recommend wearing a gambeson or other padded arming wear for increased comfort.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Gustav Full Armour Outfit (OUTFIT-M17), which includes the Steel Gustav Breastplate alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Displays a shiny metal finish
- Features riveted detailing
- Worn with leather straps
- Excellent chest protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.