When you plan to adventure into dangerous lands, armour is a must, but your focus should not solely be on your head and torso. The Steel Georg Tassets are just what you need to protect your upper legs from the onslaughts of enemies. These handmade, 18-gauge steel tassets provide superb defense to the thighs without impeding maneuverability. Their borders sport riveting, making them more than just a run-of-the-mill piece of armour, and their tops are fitted with buckles for easy attachment to a cuirass or breastplate. These tassets were originally designed for use with other pieces from the Georg armour set, but they can also be paired with any cuirass or breastplate that features the appropriate attachment points. The Steel Georg Tassets make a fantastic and necessary addition to any suit of armour for LARPing or light reenactment.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Steel Georg Armour Set (OUTFIT-M60), which includes the Steel Georg Tassets alongside the other pieces to this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Provides excellent defense to the legs
- Rivets along border add authentic medieval detailing
- Buckles allow for attachment to cuirass or breastplate
- Perfect for LARPing or light reenactment use
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.