That breastplate and helmet will not do you any good in battle if you are getting your arm hacked off. Do not forget to cover your shoulders! For a truly authentic medieval look with a broad area of coverage, use the Steel Georg Spaulders. These handmade, 18-gauge steel pauldrons completely cover the upper arm, as well as a considerable portion of the chest and back. They can be attached to a gorget or cuirass via leather straps and buckles. These spaulders were originally designed for use with other pieces from the Georg armour set, but they can also be paired with any gorget or cuirass that features the appropriate attachment points. Their borders are adorned with ornamental riveting, adding authenticity to their look, and they are segmented in three places, allowing for flexibility. The Steel Georg Spaulders make a fantastic component of any LARP or reenactment suit of armour.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Steel Georg Armour Set (OUTFIT-M60), which includes the Steel Georg Spaulders alongside the other pieces to this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Wide surface area covers shoulders, chest, and back
- Rivets along border add authentic medieval detailing
- Articulated in three places for ease of movement
- Perfect for LARPing and light reenactment use
- Made from 18-gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.