While it might not be authentic in design, the sword of the Spartans in the feature film 300 is not without its historical merits. Now you can wield one as functional and deadly as its movie cousin in this Spartan Sword with Scabbard and Belt. This sword is a stylized meld of the falcata and the Greek short sword, known as a xyphos. This meld produces a short, curved blade that provides the best of both worlds, including a good cutting edge, weight for greater power, and a point for armour-piercing thrusts. The swords blade is hand forged from dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. Like its movie counterpart, the sword is narrow at the shoulder and widens toward the tapered, curved tip. The sword also features a distinctive curved guard that provides partial hand protection, with a leather-wrapped wood grip offering a secure and solid hold. The sword also has a full-length tang for stability and strength, which is peened to the pommel segment of the hand guard. Included with the sword is a matching scabbard, which is ideally suited for storing and securing the sword when it is not in use. Attached to the scabbard is an interlaced leather belt, which allows you to keep this wicked sword at your side with ease, too. This Spartan Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a brutal blade that is every bit as deadly as it looked in the movies, and it is a weapon that will serve any warrior well who wants to emulate the battle prowess of the legendary Spartan.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Based on the Battle Swords Scene in the Film, 300
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard and sword belt
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 27 Inches
- Blade Length: 21 Inches
- Grip Length: 4.5 Inches
- Point of Balance: 3.75 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.5 inches
- Blade Width (at mid-blade): 2.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz.