Make no mistake about it, this Crusader Sword with Scabbard is positive proof that a sword does not need to be complex to be effective. In fact, the no-muss, no-fuss design of this sword is what makes it so effective. This sword is based entirely on the design of blades from the earliest eras of the Crusades, sometime between 1096 and 1099. The sword itself is a cruciform design, sporting a distinctive cross shape that is balanced and effective as well as easy to produce. The blade is dual hardened and forged entirely from 5160 high carbon steel. It features a thin fuller that runs about 4/5ths the length of the blade, which makes the weapon lighter without detracting from its strength or balance. The guard features straight, broad quillons and is made from mild steel, offering good defense for the hands. The rounded pommel helps counterbalance the swords weight. The hilt is made up of fitted wood over a full-length tang, which grants the weapon excellent strength. The sword includes a wood scabbard wrapped in leather, perfect for securing the sword when it is being carried or not in use. No sword belt is included, so you are free to carry this sword in whatever way best suits your needs. Designed to be utilitarian and functional, this Crusader Sword with Scabbard is modeled after an old-world workhorse, one that countless warriors once depended on to see them through the fight. Now you can depend on it, too. Trust us when we say that this sword will not let you down.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Modeled after the cruciform swords of the Crusades era
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Hilt and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 34.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 27.5 Inches
- Blade Width (At Base): 2.2 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz.