The inspiration for the Shamshir Sword originated in Persia and spread throughout the former Ottoman Empire and beyond into India and the Philippines. This strongly curved blade is made of modern, heat treated high carbon steel. Ideal for delivering a devastating cutting stroke, this Persian blade is effective at rising, descending, and hooking style thrusts! Replicating the original in its structure, Cold Steels Shamshir Sword uses black faux buffalo horn for its handle, which terminates in a bulbous pommel. This unique pommel is offset slightly to help the hand resist centrifugal force when making hard cutting strokes. Even the included scabbard is a close copy of the original. It is made of thick, black leather (so it will not dull the blade) and reinforced by a brass throat and chape, and comes complete with dual suspension rings.
- Fully functional and battle ready
- Based on historical Persian weapon
- Curved blade great for cutting strokes and thrusts
- Handle has unique, bulbous pommel
- Includes a black leather scabbard
- Blade is made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Handle made of faux buffalo horn
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.