No matter the state of the kingdom, you feel protected when you wear the Richard Steel Chainmail Hauberk over your gambeson. This chainmail tunic offers comprehensive protection with its long sleeve style and knee-reaching length. Made up of steel rings, this hauberk features a zinc finish for a shiny look and resistance to rust as well as a traditional 4-in-1 weave. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The armpits of this hauberk are fully riveted for additional durability. This medieval hauberk will transform you into a medieval warrior or fantasy fighter at your next LARP event or costume occasion. Be sure to wear a padded gambeson underneath the steel chainmail armour, as shown, for safety and comfort. The belt shown at the waist is sold separately, and can be worn to help redistribute the weight of the chainmail for more comfortable wear.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- 9mm inner ring diameter
- Round rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Long sleeve hauberk reaches knees on most wearers
- Rings in armpit area are fully riveted for added durability
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 14 gauge mild steel
- Has a protective zinc finish
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
- Sleeve Length: 26 Inches
Measurements are approximate.