When you find yourself up against formidable foes, add extra defense to your medieval armoured look. The Richard Riveted Oiled Chainmail Hauberk, constructed completely out of riveted rings of steel, offers comprehensive protection. Woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, the rings create a long sleeve chainmail hauberk. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The hauberk reaches down to the knees on most wearers, while the riveted construction lends added durability to its whole design. Coated in oil to help protect it from rust, occasional oiling is required to maintain this chainmail hauberks quality. Wear this chainmail armour piece over a padded gambeson, as shown, for proper comfort and safety. While not included, a belt, as pictured, can help redistribute the weight of the armour piece for easier wearing. Whether your character is a wicked warrior, ruthless medieval mercenary, or noble knight, the Richard Riveted Oiled Chainmail Hauberk fortifies LARP ensembles and armoured costume looks alike.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- 9mm inner ring diameter
- Length of long sleeve hauberk reaches knees on most wearers
- Each ring is fully riveted for durable construction
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of riveted 14 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
- Sleeve Length: 26 Inches
Measurements are approximate.