Stalwart and strong, the thoughtful warrior picks an armoured look to match his resolve. Great for LARP or costume use, the John Steel Flat Ring Chainmail Hauberk features flattened steel rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. This steel hauberk has been galvanized with zinc to help protect it from rusting. The length is intended to hit most wearers around the knee, and its short sleeve construction makes this chainmail tunic easy to layer and match with plate armour, leather armour, and other chainmail pieces. The rings are riveted together at the armpits for extra durability. Chainmail can be heavy, so use a belt to help distribute its weight, as shown in the picture. As shown, this chainmail armour piece not only looks its best when worn over a gambeson, but is safer and more comfortable to wear. For medieval knight and fantasy warrior looks, a flat ring hauberk like this is a must-have for comprehensive coverage, protection, and style!
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Hauberk features short sleeve construction
- Length reaches about to knees on most wearers
- 10mm inner diameter and 12mm outer diameter
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Galvanized with zinc for rust protection
- Wear over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 guage mild steel
- Has a protective zinc finish
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
- Weight: 24.25 lb
Measurements are approximate.