Inspired by historical Nordic armour patterns, the Ragnar Greaves possess a distinctive look that is sure to stand out on the battlefield. These steel greaves are crafted from seven metal strips riveted onto two leather straps. The metal bracers are fastened with wrought iron buckles. The ankle ends of these LARP greaves have been curved outwards to ensure that your feet can freely move as you fight. The metal strips feature an antiqued finish that completes the unique look of the steel armour. The historical greaves design has the advantage of being lighter and more flexible than plate armour. Be sure to check out the matching Ragnar Bracers (MY100009) as you plan your next LARP ensemble.
To shop the matching Ragnar Greaves and Bracers together, check out our Steel Ragnar Armour Set (ARMOUR-S13).
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Displays an antiqued metal finish
- Made from strips of metal
- Excellent leg protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.