The Practical Pro Katana is built as an economical cutting sword for heavy targets, with an extended tsuka and a thicker and longer blade. The blades are constructed from hand-forged, high-carbon steel and are differentially hardened using a traditional claying method. The Practical Pro has a fine polish to it compared to others in the series. The tsuka is wrapped with synthetic black leather for its gripping characteristics and is double-pegged for safety. The saya is done in a deep black lacquer with a black cotton sageo. The katana is stylized with a round Kuruma tsuba, which represents the Wheel of Dharma, symbolizing the Buddhist concept of the Noble Eightfold Path.
Made by Hanwei.
- Antiqued Fittings
- Hand-Forged High Carbon Steel Blade
- Deep Black Lacquered Saya
- Blade Length: 29.5 Inches
- Handle Length: 15 Inches
- Overall Length: 45.75 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs.
- Thickness at Guard: 0.36 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.