With its straight-forward and to the point design, it is not hard to see why warriors favored swords in the same style as this Norman Battle Sword. It is easy to use and effective, while having a big enough guard to offer adequate defense, too. This sword is hand crafted in EN45 carbon spring steel, while also featuring a straight-edged blade with a rounded point, securing this sword firmly in the realm of weapons that were made to cut, not thrust. A long fuller traces the length of the blade, helping to lessen its weight and improve its balance, without decreasing its strength, while the slightly concave guard (curled towards the blade) offers a bit more defense than the smaller pommels of earlier eras. The sword features a single unwelded tang, as well as a leather wrapped grip to offer a secure and comfortable hold. The hilt is capped with an older, Viking style pommel, to give the sword a more unique Norse-warrior flare. Included with the sword is a wooden, leather wrapped scabbard. Altogether classic in its form, this Norman Battle Sword is a solid choice for the warrior who needs a sword at their hip and wants something that is not too fancy, but not too plain, either.
- Comes in a Light Combat Model, Perfect for Sparring and Stage Combat
- Modeled After a Norman Arming Sword
- Features a Hand Crafted EN45 Carbon Spring Steel Blade
- Has A Concave Guard and a Unique, Norse Pommel
- Includes a Wooden, Leather Wrapped Scabbard
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.