The Medieval Closed Greaves consist of shin and calf plates, offering great protection to the lower leg of the wearer. The steel greaves are connected with hinges on the outer sides and fastened with leather straps and brass buckles. Pegs on the leg armour allow you to attach poleyns to the leg guards with ease. These leg guards work well for LARP battles and other historical re-enactments, especially when paired with other pieces of our medieval armour!
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Includes shin and calf plates
- Fastens with leather straps
- Offers excellent protection to legs
- Great for LARP and re-enactment use
- Made of 16 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.