In the Middle Ages, when people went to bathe, they wore underclothing to and from the tub. The Medieval Bathing Dress replicates one such garment, directly reconstructed from the illustrations in the famous German Wenceslas Bible. This ankle-worn, natural cotton underdress is loose-fitting, allowing for comfort and flexibility, and it forsakes sleeves for shoulder straps, granting the arms a full range of motion. In addition to functioning on its own as a night gown, this dress also goes very well under other medieval dresses, particularly those with a rectangular neckline. The Medieval Bathing Dress makes a fantastic Renaissance garment, particularly for medieval-themed camping.
- Based on the tub dresses illustrated in the Wenceslas Bible
- Fits loosely on the body for comfort and flexibility
- Stylish design allows for easy wearing under a variety of medieval dresses
- Makes fantastic medieval pajamas
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and other medieval reenactments
- Made of 100% cotton