When knights engaged in jousting tournaments or battles, they would put something on under their helmets to keep the metal off their scalps. The Medieval Arming Cap replicates one such piece of headgear in authentic detail. This natural cotton coif is designed to cover the entire top of the skull. Its edges extend down to the forehead and past the ears, terminating in ribbons for tying together so that the arming cap can be better secured to the head. The Medieval Arming Cap goes great under helmets or other medieval caps, and as this garment was a staple of the Middle Ages, it makes a great complement to any medieval or Renaissance ensemble.
- Based on late medieval arming caps
- Includes ribbons for tying together beneath the chin
- Edges extend past the ears for the retention of body heat
- Goes great under a helmet or hat
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and other medieval reenactments
- Made from 100% cotton