Lacework has been around since long before corsets and shoes. This nifty clothing feature was used even in the Middle Ages. The Laced Back Medieval Underdress replicates one such usage of lacing in an authentic medieval garment. This natural cotton, ankle-worn dress is based on actual medieval underwear and hangs loosely about the body for comfort and flexibility. It is an underdress, of course, so that looseness is not so complete that another medieval dress could not be worn over it. Its modest neckline and moderate shoulder straps further enhance this feature, as their design allows this garment to be paired with a large variety of overdresses. The back of the dress features its namesake lacework, which aids in adjusting the dress and keeping it closed. The Laced Back Medieval Underdress makes a fantastic component to any medieval or Renaissance ensemble.
- Based on medieval womens undergarments
- Fits loosely over the body for comfort and flexibility
- Stylish design allows for easy wearing under a variety of medieval dresses
- Lacework back lends itself to adjustability
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and medieval reenactments
- Made from 100% cotton