The koi kohaku, a type of carp, battles up the rivers and climbs up waterfalls to reach its destiny. This speaks to the symbolism of overcoming all adversity to achieve your goals. The Kohaku Katana is inspired by this tenacious fish. The koi kohaku is embossed on the collar and pommel as well as in the pierced, black round guard. The silver handle ornaments display a wave motif, complementing the black handle wrap and white ray skin. The wavy temper line of the T10 forged steel blade echoes the overall motif from blade point to the collar. A beautiful black lacquered scabbard with a black buffalo horn knob is graced with a coral and white cord. This functional Japanese sword is beautiful and unpretentious in design. The Kohaku Katana is also powerfully symbolic in the subtlest of components.
- Forged from T10 steel
- Displays black wrap over white ray skin handle
- Decorated with koi motif guard and wave mountings
- Comes with a black lacquered scabbard
- Scabbard adorned with buffalo horn knob
- Scabbard embellished with coral and white cord
- Traditional construction with exceptional attention to detail
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Blade Length: 27.5 Inches
- Handle Length: 10.625 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz.
- Sori: 0.5 Inch
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.