Whether you are dressing as a wicked battle wizard, a treacherous knight, or simply love its distinct coloration, the John Blackened Chainmail Hauberk is a must-have addition to any heavy armour costume or medieval themed LARP outfit. Made of steel rings, this tunic-length hauberk features a traditional 4-in-1 weave. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. This hauberk has sleeves that fall two thirds of the way down the arm. Also, the hauberk ends about mid-thigh on most wearers. The rings are butted together throughout, then reinforced with riveting at the arm pits. An acidic treatment grants the chainmail hauberk its coloration as well as guards it from rusting, though occasional oiling is required to keep it in its best condition. Wear it over a padded gambeson, as shown, for best style, comfort, and safety. Cinch the waist with a belt, sold separately, to help distribute the weight of the armour piece. Quite adaptable in its design, this short sleeve hauberk can be combined with leather armour, steel armour, and other chainmail pieces, adding authenticity and interest to quite a variety of characters and styles.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Hauberk features 2/3 length sleeve construction
- Length falls to about mid-thigh on most wearers
- Features 9 mm inner diameter rings
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Acidic treatment guards against rust and creates coloration
- Wear over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.