You do not have to carry a sword at your hip. With the Hooked Back Scabbard, you can elegantly grab a sword from your back. Made from 9-10-ounce leather, this scabbard comes in two colors. You can choose either left or right-hand use. The scabbard comes as two pieces. The top piece has a plate with a curved top and bottom edge. It has two pairs of holes that allow it to lace to a harness like the X Leather Harness (RT-354), sold separately. Then, there is a pair of hooks secured to the main plate with a square piece of leather. These aluminum hooks allow the crossguard of a sword to rest on the scabbard.
Meanwhile, the other piece of the scabbard consists of two loops of leather. One loop secures with a snap. This loop wraps around a blade to hold it in place and to prevent it from moving around. The snap also makes for easier release for battle. The other loop allows this piece to slide onto a belt, not included. Add the Hooked Back Scabbard to your LARP gear or use it to bring an awesome flair to your medieval or fantasy cosplay!
The option of left or right hand refers to the hand drawing a weapon. The right-hand option means that the hooked section will sit angled so that your right hand can reach back and grab the hilt of your weapon.
As this item is made from natural materials, its appearance may vary slightly from what is shown.
- Sold in two colors and either left or right hand
- Comes as a set of two pieces
- Holes for attaching to a harness, not included
- Great for a variety of characters
- Wonderful for LARP and cosplay events
- Made from 9-10-ounce leather
- Hooks are aluminum
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
Measurements coming soon.