Add the Historic Shield Boss to round shields for help deflecting blows, or attach it to plain shields for extra detail and interest. This mild steel shield boss is great for custom building your own historic reenactment shield. This practical, sleek, and versatile shield boss is sure to suit a variety of historic looks, and it features a wide lip with four holes for easy attachment to shields. Steel thickness may vary slightly due to its handcrafted construction.
- Features practical appearance
- Helps deflect blows from the center of round shields
- Adds interest and detail to shields
- Includes four holes on the outer lip for attaching to shields
- Great for historic reenactment
- Made from 14 gauge carbon steel
- Steel thickness may vary slightly due to handcrafted nature
- Outer Diameter: 8.1 Inches
- Inner Diameter: 5.3 Inches
- Depth: 2.4 Inches
- Weight: 1.1 Pounds
Ellen Moore (verified owner) –
Nice – our son made a large shield out of pallet wood and used this to finish it up. Looks great and seems like it can withstand some bashing. Be advised, it doesn’t come with hardware.