If you are looking for a great sword to wield against your enemies in battle, then make sure that you check out the Hedeby Viking Sword. Made from tempered EN45 high-carbon steel, this functional sword has a double-edged blade with a fuller running down its length. The sword continues with straight crossguard. There are vertical grooves along the sides of the crossguard. In between the grooves are engraved images, including crosses.
Next, the hilt has a wooden grip. Red leather wraps around the grip. There are two ridges on the grip. On each end of the grip, there is also a brass cap with a wavy edge. More detailing adorns these caps. The hilt ends with a lobed pommel. The bottom half of the pommel has the same groove and image pattern as the crossguard. The lobed half has different engraved imagery. Finally, this sword comes with a wooden scabbard. Red leather covers the wood. The scabbard has an antiqued brass chape and throat. There is also a brass loop on the side. This loop allows the scabbard to hang on a belt or baldric, not included. Also, intricate detailing adorns all of the fittings. For example, the chape has a knotwork Viking visage. This Viking sword makes a great addition to a reenactment or sword collection. It looks wonderful on display in your home or office.
- Fully functional
- Has a double-edged blade with a fuller
- Features an ornate crossguard and pommel
- Comes with a red scabbard
- Can hang from a belt, not included
- Great for reenacting and collecting
- Made from EN45 high-carbon steel
- Hilt is brass
- Scabbard and grip are wood with leather
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.