We would be hard pressed to think of a more versatile or effective sword than the Bastard or Hand-and-a-Half Sword we offer here. For a sword of this size, it is amazingly light and fast and tips the scales at approximately 3 lbs. Its 33 1/2 inch long blade is quite wide, so it can produce deep shearing type cuts, yet it is pointed enough to be effective in a thrusting attack. Its long handle is suitable for both one and two handed grips and is fashioned out of wood covered in black leather. A beautiful scent stopper pommel balances the long blade and can be used as a lethal weapon in its own right. The Hand-and-a-Half Sword reflects the highest standards in workmanship and materials and comes fully sharpened and ready for battle! To safely house the blade, we have also included a very attractive scabbard made of wood covered with black leather and steel throat and chape.
- Fully functional
- A classic medieval sword in modern materials
- Blade balanced by scent stopper pommel
- Has a wood grip and a leather and wood scabbard
- Great for training and reenactment
- Crafted from 1060 high carbon steel
- Grip is wood covered in leather