The Gladiator’s Retarius is little more than a weighted net (the word retarius actually means net-man). This weapon was wielded by the retarius gladiator, who used it, in conjunction with a trident and a dagger, to entangle and defeat his foes. As a weapon, this net consists of a series of knots, forming a heavy mesh that can be held at one end and used like a lash, grappling, entangling, and entrapping the weapon and limbs of an opponent. The net can also be cast out, like a fisherman would, to cover an enemy and render them distracted and helpless (especially to a long, piercing trident). Typically, the lightly armored retarius was pitted against the heavily armored secutor, forcing the retarius to use his net strategically, while utilizing speed and agility to wear down his opponent. And for a skilled wielder, this Gladiators Retarius is a deceptive weapon that can bring down even the most heavily armored of foes.
- The Classic Weapon of a Retarius Gladiator
- Consists of a Classic Knotted Net
- Can Be Used Like Lash In One Hand or Tossed Like a Typical Net
- Perfect for Entangling and Entrapping Foes
- A Great Weapon to Add To Almost Any Gladiatorial Look
- An Absolutely Amazing Display Item or Collectors Piece