For the utmost in stylish leg protection, choose the German Full Leg Armour. Featuring elegant details and a layered design, this 18 gauge steel armour set protects the thighs, knees, and shins of each leg with two connecting pieces. The upper portion includes the guise and poleyn, protecting the leg down to the knee. The greave portion, protecting the shins, is connected below the knee, and can be adjusted with a pin that can be placed in two different holes for a proper fit. Elegant layering adorns the top of the guise, further decorated with the appearance of crossing folds in the metal, and the poleyn protects the side of the knee with a wide plate featuring circular designs. This stunning two piece leg armour system is attached to the wearer with adjustable buckled leather straps at the back of the legs and includes armour for both legs.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Two piece armour system protects entire leg
- Top piece protects thighs and knees
- Lower piece protects shins
- Armour features layered design with elegant details
- Based on historic German armour
- Satin finish adds reflective look
- Armour is secured to legs via adjustable buckled leather straps
- Includes armour for both legs
- Exact thickness of steel may vary due to handmade nature
- Made from 18 gauge 1060 carbon steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Length of Top Piece: 22.5 Inches
- Inseam of Top Piece: 17.7 Inches
- Length of Bottom Piece: 14.2 Inches
Mickie Sixx (verified owner) –
Very nice full leg armor. The steel is high quality and comfortable to wear. I’m 5’10” average build and these fit perfectly. Please note that the greaves are not fully enclosed. They are open in the back like the rest of the armor. The only reason I’m not giving these 5 stars is because a rivet popped out which caused the knee portion to swing and bend from a single rivet on the side. It’s easily fixable but new armor shouldn’t have rivets flying out.
Nathan Keysor (verified owner) –
I would have preferred these with fully enclosed greaves. They make ones that work with this set but I had to buy them separately. Quality is very good for the price.