Swing with all your fury and bring devastating might to the LARP battlefield with the Flanged LARP Flail. This medieval LARP Weapon features a realistic, historically inspired look that perfectly suits the kits of knights and medieval mercenaries alike.
Artisans Elite LARP Construction:
This medieval LARP weapon is part of the Artisan Elite line from Ateliers Nemesis. Thermoforming fuses the closed cell foam together, making this LARP weapon ultra safe and shred-resistant.
This sturdy foam surrounds a strong fiberglass core in the haft, which is in turn reinforced with a high-weave polyester similar to Kevlar for heightened safety. This means the LARP flail is both very safe and strong enough to parry blows. The flanged head is also made of the sturdy foam, thus making safe for LARP gameplay.
A unique weighting system then gives this LARP weapon better balance for more natural movement during play. Finally, a latex-free waterproof coating protects the LARP weapon, enhancing its durability.
Starting with the medieval flail head, this flail head has a cylindrical shape as its base with pointed flanges that extend out from every side. These flanges have a frightening look, but they are soft and sturdy enough for safe LARP. Antiqued metallic silver coloring gives the LARP flail head a realistic look.
Then, A wide foam ring connects the flail head to the leather chain. Two loops of riveted leather create this chain, allowing the flail head to swing around just like its medieval equivalent. This type of weapon would have been used to strike around a shield and parry blows. It was mostly intended for longer range combat.
Leather instead of metal makes the chain safe for LARP battle and is sturdy enough to withstand the movement of swinging and striking at foes. Antique brass tone rivets secure the ends of each leather strip together, creating the loops.
Next, careful craftsmanship gives the haft its realistic wood effect. Not just colored to look like wood, it also features grooves and texturing to simulate wood grain. The leather chain connects to a silver tone foam ring at the top of the haft, which is then accented with a studded metallic cap.
Then, matching studded accents set the grip apart from the rest of the haft. Black leather wraps around the grip for a more comfortable, secure hold.
Finally, the pommel features a wooden look just like the rest of the haft, giving this medieval LARP flail a cohesive look. Bring its medieval style to your next historical or low fantasy LARP event! Utterly versatile, you can swing it with confidence and pride as a medieval knight, mercenary, revolting peasant, or barbarian! Check out our selection of leather frogs for ways to carry this LARP weapon with you on your next adventure.
Made by Nemesis Workshops INC.
- Heightened durability and detail
- Balanced construction
- Spikes are soft and sturdy for safe gameplay
- Realistic style makes it great for medieval LARP
- Perfect for knights, mercenaries, barbarians, and more
- Made of a closed cell cross-linked EVA copolymer memory foam
- Has an interior fiberglass rod at its core with a complex weave polyester fiber reinforcement
- Chain and handle wrapping are leather
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and mild soapy water, then allow to dry. Use a silicone-based coating, like our 100 ml LARP Protection Gel Silicone (MCI-3722) to prevent premature wear on the blade. Be sure to only use silicone on the blade and avoid the handle. You can protect the handle by wrapping it in plastic wrap before applying silicone.
- Do not store underneath heavy objects. Avoid excessive heat, cold, or prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Overall Length: 36 Inches
- Flail Head Width: 5.9 Inches
- Haft Length: 29.1 Inches
- Grip Length: 5.5 Inches
- Weight: 1 Pound
Measurements are approximate.