The Falcata Sword is often described as one of the most devastating swords that the Romans ever fought against. Looking at the blade, it is not hard to see why, as it utilizes a forward-curving design that has proven to be incredibly effective. The falcata was originally the weapon of choice of the Celts, who spread its use to the Iberian Peninsula, where the Romans encountered it.
Like its ancestor, this weapon features a forward-curving blade that puts more weight and mass near the tip of the sword, allowing for a deadly chop. Historically, its cutting strength was so impressive that the Romans were forced to reinforce their own shields, as well as re-design their armor and weapons. This model features a single-edged blade forged from high carbon spring steel. Adorning the blade is a connected double fuller that helps lighten the blade. It also features a traditional curled grip of blackened steel that curls around the wielders hand. The weapon includes a scabbard.
Please note that any sword designed for combat, whether for stage, reenactment, or actual combat, should be handled with care. This goes doubly true for any swords that feature a sharpened edge, such as this one. Being fully functional, this blade can be used to slice and chop through a variety of material. Please focus your cutting on reasonable objects that are traditionally used for cutting.
- A Fully Functional Falcata
- Blade is Made from 5160 High Carbon Steel
- Features a mild steel blackened grip
- Unique Design Facilitates Impressive Cutting Power
- Includes a Scabbard
- Quality Blade Designed for Cutting and Use
- Also a Great Display Item
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.