The Enclosed Arm Protection is definitely a step up from regular arm bracers. If you need inner and outer forearm and elbow protection, then this is your perfect match. It is made from 18-gauge steel and accented with domed rivets. The simple design allows these bracers to be paired with other styles of armour. The arm piece attaches to your forearm, just like a normal arm bracer, with two leather straps. Then you close the articulated steel guard, wrap the outer leather strap around the armour, and buckle it. The two inner straps are hidden once the armour is closed. The attached elbow couters provide extra protection to the joint.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Features a pair of bracers with couters
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Protects the forearm and elbows when LARPing
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Circumference: The smallest forearm this armour will fit is 12 Inches. The armour will go up to any size arm, and there will just be a small gap where the plates close. Keep in mind, if you are wearing a thick gambeson, this will add to your actual arm measurement, so measure with your gambeson on.