Dukes and warriors alike can appreciate the value of a sword. The Doge Sword with Scabbard is a sword worthy of being wielded in battle. The Doge of Venice was on par with a duke and this style of this sword comes from an existing Venetian sword. Forged from tempered 5160 spring steel, this functional sword features a double-edged blade. You can choose between a sharpened and unsharpened blade. Based on blades from the 15th century, the blade has a hollow ground cross-section and a stiff spine. Together, they give the blade good flexibility and allows it to make a firm thrust. Also, the blade has a higher Rockwell hardness rating at the edge than at its core. The Darksword Armoury logo adorns the blade near the hilt.
Next, the sword continues with a mild steel crossguard. It features an asymmetrical design. One side has a straight arm with concave edges. Meanwhile, the other side features a double curve. One curve helps to protect the wearers hand while wielding the blade. The other curve is much smaller and curves towards the blade. Then, the hilt has a wooden grip. Oxblood leather wraps around the grip. At the center of the grip, it begins to taper towards the mild steel pommel. The hilt ends with a teardrop-shaped pommel. Finally, this sword comes with a wooden scabbard. Brown leather wraps around the scabbard. This functional sword makes a wonderful addition to any armoury or weapon collection. Bring the sword to your next historical reenactment.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Fully functional
- Available in sharpened or unsharpened blade options
- Features a double-edged blade with a hollow ground cross-section
- Has an asymmetrical crossguard and teardrop-shaped pommel
- Comes with a scabbard
- Great for reenactments or collections
- Made from 5160 high carbon steel
- Crossguard and pommel are mild steel
- Scabbard and grip are wood with leather covering
- Overall Length: 40 Inches
- Blade Length: 32.5 Inches
- Blade Width at Base: 1.9 Inches
- Grip Length: 4.5 Inches
- Point of Balance: 4.5 Inches
- Edge Hardness: 60 Rockwell Score
- Core Hardness: 48-50 Rockwell Score
- Weight: 2 Pounds 13 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.
There are no reviews yet.