Keeping mobile in battle is a real concern, making the Blackened Gustav Greaves a great way to protect your legs and stay moving. The steel greaves offer coverage from knee to ankle with a distinctive outward curve at the bottom. The simple curve provides extra space for moving your ankles to aid maneuverability. The leg armour possesses a dark metal gleam that looks great on mercenaries and warlords of all sorts, especially when paired with other pieces of our Gustav-style armour. We recommend wearing padded arming wear underneath this plate armour for increased comfort. This leg protection is ideal for use at LARP events and re-enactments.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Blackened Gustav Armour Set (ARMOUR-S4), which includes the Blackened Gustav Greaves alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Displays a black metal finish
- Bottom curve provides extra ankle space
- Excellent leg protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.