A fantastic armour piece to add to your next medieval or LARP look, the Blackened Gustav Breastplate is a plate armour piece featuring a versatile design along with a stylish blackened steel finish sure to suit a variety of looks. The armour is made up of three rigid 18 gauge blackened steel pieces, and two leather straps cross in the back to fasten the armour to the wearer, making this a highly adjustable addition to any set of light reenactment armour. Rivets in the center of the armour add just the right amount of detail to lend this piece its own distinct, visual interest.
Looking for the matching pieces to this armour? Create the complete look with our Blackened Gustav Armour Set (ARMOUR-S4), which includes the Blackened Gustav Breastplate along with the other pieces to this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Constructed from three rigid pieces
- Offers protection to the chest for LARP and light reenactment
- Classic design matches a variety of looks
- Fastened with two crossing leather back straps
- Made of 18 gauge blackened steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.