Made of polished steel, the Balthasar Cuirass is an excellent piece of torso armour suitable for LARP use or for other historical reenactments. Both breastplate and backplate are included, connected at the shoulder and sides with adjustable leather straps and buckles. Spaulders can also be connected to the cuirass through attachments at its shoulders. Featuring stunning craftsmanship, the breastplate is made up of seven separate segments riveted together, a sturdy construction that still allows mobility due to the moving parts. The lower two segments of the cuirass are hinged, granting the wearer a suitable amount of flexibility. This piece of armour is intended to be worn over padding, such as a gambeson, for maximum comfort and safety.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Includes both breastplate (#MY101302) and backplate (#MY101301)
- Connects at the sides and shoulders with adjustable straps
- Breastplate constructed from seven riveted segments
- Lower two segments allow for decent mobility
- Great to wear over gambesons for LARP events or medieval reenactments
- Crafted from polished 18 gauge steel
- Chest Circumference: 45-51 Inches
- Length: 28 Inches
- Neck Diameter: 8.2 Inches
- Chest Weight: 9 lbs.
- Back Weight: 10 lbs.
Measurements are approximate.