A chainmail shirt with shorter sleeves, or haubergeon, was often worn underneath a plate hauberk in the 14th century. The 48 Inch Soldier Grade Mail Haubergeon offers great protection for your torso and shoulders. Butted mail is the most economical construction style of mail, as the cost of labor-intensive riveting is avoided. Butted mail has limited historical precedent but is fine for general costuming and role-playing where strict construction authenticity is not a requirement. It is not recommended for weapons-contact re-enactment as mild steel butted rings may be distorted by heavy weapons contact. The rings are formed from round section wire and have a 10 mm internal diameter. This item is crafted from 16 gauge mild steel. Construction is in the 4 in 1 pattern.
Care Instructions – This chainmail has a zinc-plated finish. No rust-proofing is necessary with zinc-coated finishes, but dry, warm storage is still recommended. The zinc plating is inherently a corrosion inhibitor.
- Crafted from 16 gauge mild steel
- Has a zinc-plated finish for corrosion resistance
- Uses 4 in 1 chainmail pattern
- Features 10 mm round ring butted construction
- Great for costuming and role-playing
- Made by GDFB
- Fits up to 44 Inch chest measured over a gambeson and undergarments
- Shoulder to Shoulder: 18 Inches
- Neck Opening is 9 Inches
- Sleeves are 8 Inches
- Top to Bottom Length: 35.5 Inches