You gaze over the horizon taking in the sight of the enemy. You feel prepared, knowing that you wear the 15th Century Churburg Spaulders. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, these satin finish pauldrons come as a pair. Each pauldron has an overlapping, multi-plate design. The middle plate is the outermost layer. It has a round side section that acts as a besagew to protect the underarm. Next, the plate highest on the shoulder has leather straps with holes. The holes allow for attaching the pauldrons to other pieces of armour, not included. The plate furthest down the shoulder has a strap for securing the pauldron onto the upper arm. Both the shoulder plate and the arm plate are the innermost plates. Wear the 15th Century Churburg Spaulders to your next historical reenactment. It looks great on a variety of characters.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Comes as a pair
- Ties with laces and secures with straps
- Overlapping design with built-in besagews
- Great for reenactments
- Wonderful for a variety of characters
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.