The 15th Century Articulated Gorget shows the logical evolution in armour development from the bascinet with aventail to a sallet helm with gorget. This steel gorget matches the style of European armour from 1480 to 1500. The neck armour features a rigid neck guard with an articulated bevor offer additional protect the face. Leather straps help fasten the armour. When planning your next armour set for a LARP event or historical re-enactment, be sure to consider this medieval gorget!
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Includes articulated bevor
- Features late 15th century design
- Offers excellent protection to neck
- Great for LARP and re-enactment use
- Made of 16 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
Sean McCallister (verified owner) –
This fits great with my Sallet helmet, and between this and the lobstertail, my neck is impervious to blades trying to sneak in. It locks in place with a nice click and fits snugly into the visor of the helmet, which is awesome. Just make sure you don’t push the articulated plate over the top of the other one. It’s very hard to put back if you do. I had to get a hammer for that one. Glad I didn’t mess it up while testing its limits. Also of note, it only has one fastening hole on the leather strap. Depending from person to person, you may want to add more. Between my gambeson, coif, and mantle, I had to add an extra hole myself, but it’s a non-issue if you can use a knife or punch or anything that can put a hole in something.
Justus Bertoni (verified owner) –
I’m well pleased with this gorget. It feels like it was made for the my polished German Sallet. My gorget came with multiple fastening holes which was a nice surprise. My only worry is that the rivet that holds the articulated plate up might wear out eventually. But then again, that would probably take a long time, if at all! Overall, I absolutely recommend this gorget. It is truly awesome. God bless. Ephesians 6:17