Made of 18 gauge polished steel, the Gustav Gorget is a versatile piece of plate armour suitable for a variety of LARP and other medieval inspired outfits. It can be worn both over and under a breastplate or on its own over a padded underlayer like a padded mantle. The sturdy buckled strap on each of the shoulders of the piece makes it easy to attach a variety of spaulders. Gorgets are armour pieces designed to protect the neck and upper chest from attack, and the Gustav Gorget provides this fundamental defense with impeccable quality and adaptability.
Looking for the matching pieces of this armour? Create the complete look with our Gustav Full Armour Outfit (OUTFIT-M17), which includes the Gustav Gorget alongside the other pieces of this armour set.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Designed to protect the neck and upper chest
- Wearable both under or over a breastplate
- Equipped with buckled straps for pauldron attachment
- Closed by an adjustable strap on the side
- Fantastic addition to any suit of plate armour for light reenactment
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.