More than a thousand years ago, the Ulfberht Sword was the epitome of weapon-smithing technology. If your average pattern-welded sword of the Viking Age was a Toyota Camry, then the Ulfberht Sword, so named for the distinctive mark left behind by its eponymous maker, would have been a Ferrari. Thanks to its all-steel blade, the Ulfberht Sword came to dominate battlefields throughout Europe as stronger, faster, and easier to wield, causing the design to become so widespread that nearly 200 relics of this time period have survived to this day. If you’re looking to buy an exact reproduction of the legendary Ulfberht Sword, from its brazil nut-shaped pommel, leather-wrapped hilt, and its 30-inch blade with its maker’s mark on the extra-wide fuller. Coming complete with a protective scabbard, this iconic weapon is made from the same high carbon-steel that gave the original Ulfberht Sword so strong and durable, ensuring you’ll be able to enjoy this historic work of art for years to come!
- Fully functional
- Based on the historical sword of Ulfberht
- Chemically etched on both sides of the blade
- Displays writing upon wide fuller
- Leather wrapping on grip creates a sure hold
- Fantastic example of Viking weaponry
- Comes with a matching scabbard
- Blade is made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Grip is wood wrapped with leather
- Pommel and crossguard are steel
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.