With a design that rings like a bell when struck in combat, the Tourney Viking Sword serves as a fantastic re-enactment weapon. The functional sword is forged from 9260 spring steel that is tempered to around 50 Hrc. The blunt design works very well for training and stage combat. The guard of the Norse sword is constructed with a steel tab under the grip, which is peened through the tang of the sword to prevent the guard from going loose, all without compromising the strength of the hilt. The stainless steel pommel is pressed into place and hot peened, as well. The cord-wrapped leather grip feels excellent in the hand with an oval cross-section and slight barrel shape, and the design is large enough to accommodate armored hands. A fuller runs the length of the blade to lighten and counterbalance the re-enactment sword. A wooden core, leather-wrapped scabbard tipped with a stainless steel chape completes the piece.
- Meant for stage combat use
- Made from 9260 spring steel
- Tempered to about 50 Hrc
- Features thru-tang handle and peened pommel
- Has cord-wrapped leather grip
- Comes with a scabbard
- Check out our Sword Care and Maintenance Guide for all kinds of info on how to take care of your sword and keep it in its best shape.