Alfred the Great, King of the Anglo-Saxons, fought many battles against the Vikings. The Ashdown Viking Sword is inspired by his greatest victory in the Battle of Edington. Forged from high carbon steel, this blade has a wide fuller the length of the blade. It comes unsharpened. Raised knotwork decorates the crossguard. Leather covers the wooden grip with ridges for a more comfortable grip. The semicircle, engraved pommel and the crossguard are steel and have a darkened forge finish. The sword comes with a matching leather scabbard and belt. The scabbard ends in a decorative metal tip. This medieval sword makes a wonderful reenactment weapon or collectible.
- Wide fuller down the blade
- Raised knotwork detail
- Darkened forge finish
- Includes matching scabbard and belt
- Wonderful for reenacting or collecting
- Blade is made from 1065 high carbon steel
- Handle is made from steel, wood, and leather
- Scabbard and Belt are made from leather
- For leather scabbard: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Overall Length: 37 Inches
- Blade Length: 31 Inches
- Blade Width: 1.9 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.2 Inch
- Weight: 2 Pounds 9 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.