The perfect medieval plate armour for protecting your thighs and lower abdomen, the Steel Markward Tassets possess a practical yet sleek-looking design with their sturdy construction, bright metal finish, and riveted detailing. The two thigh plates hang from the waist piece, which fastens in the back with a pair of buckles. The thigh armour has been designed to go with the Steel Markward Cuirass (MY100044), though they will combine well with other LARP armour, as well. We recommend wearing padded arming wear underneath the steel tassets for increased comfort. When planning for your next LARP battle or re-enactment, make sure to consider this top notch steel armour!
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Displays a shiny metal finish
- Fastens with two buckles
- Excellent thigh protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
Nicholas Collins (verified owner) –
These seem decently made, but I need to warn you to not just go by your standard waist size when determining whether it will fit. I’m a 38-40 waist depending on the pant, and the maximum waist for this is listed at 42.5. But, that doesn’t include a padded gambeson, which you are almost assuredly wearing underneath this and will add a fair amount to your waist. I have the leopold gambeson and I’m coming up short. I’d say add at least 3 inches to your actual waist to determine if it will fit. Probably 4 to make sure. I’ll have to get a leatherworker to attach a longer strap.