If you are becoming an infantryman of a medieval or fantasy army, then you should make sure to check out the Steel Jack Chains. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, these pieces of armour come as a pair. Historically, jack chains were popular with infantry soldiers who lacked plate armour. They would add these pieces to padded arming jackets – or jacks – to help protect against slashing swords. These jack chains have two round plates alternating with two straight plates. The plates connect to each other with rings. Both straight plates have wide grooves down the middle while the round plates both have slightly domed shapes. Next, the round plates and the end straight plate feature holes. These holes allow for tying the armour to clothing like their historical counterparts. Clothing does not come included. Whether you are dressing as a medieval soldier or rogue, the Steel Jack Chains make a great addition to your historical reenactment ensemble.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Comes as a set of two
- Has holes for attaching to clothing, not included
- Features four piece construction
- Perfect for infantry soldier ensembles
- Great for historical reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
- Overall Length: 25.6 Inches
- Weight: 15 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.