The perfect piece to complete your medieval warrior ensemble, the Steel Elias Gorget offers excellent protection to the neck of the wearer. This steel gorget displays a bright metal finish that goes great with other plate armour. Buckles enable shoulder armour like the Large Steel Elias Spaulders (MY100067) or Small Steel Elias Spaulders (MY100073) to be easily linked up with the sides of this metal gorget. We recommend wearing a padded collar or other arming wear with this steel armour for increased comfort. Our Elias armour works great for LARP battles and re-enactments.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
When purchasing armour pieces, in order for the pieces to be compatible, it is best to stay within the brand.
- Displays a shiny metal finish
- Features buckles for linking with spaulders
- Excellent neck protection
- Great for live action roleplaying
- Crafted from 18 gauge steel
- This armour will arrive to you covered in protective oil. While this oil can be removed, it must be replaced with another protective maintenance product to protect your steel armour from rusting. Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil. For more on how to protect and maintain your steel armour, check out our guide on Taking Care of Steel Armour.
Amelia F. –
Simple and functional! Felt no burden wearing this, as the neck hole is significantly larger than ones head. Most of the time the gorget stayed centered despite constant shifting from my pauldrons. I definitely recommend a padded gorget be worn under this, as the last thing you want is your sweaty neck touching ice cold or searing hot steel. I purchased the Arthur gorget to go with this and all my burdens floated away Ive got a 38-40″ chest, and the front usually never made contact with my chest. I was able to correct it by easily bending the steel by hand so to get a fitted feel
Amber Rhodes (verified owner) –
Works great with my full set of Elias armor, fits comfortably, lightweight, and easy to use.
Jack DuBose (verified owner) –
Great gorget great price would absolutely recommend